Do you love dogs? Like, really, really love dogs?
Metro Dogs is the premiere doggy daycare facility in the Metro area. Our staff members come from a wide range of animal care experience, dog trainers, veterinary technicians, Animal Science Bachelor degrees, dog daycare and overnight boarding facilities, animal shelters and rescue volunteers, pet groomers, and even some equestrians! But the thing that unites them all is an extreme love of all things DOG.
Metro Dogs would not be possible without the team of dedicated employees working “behind the scenes” to care for our pups. (We say behind the scenes, but you can always check in on the webcams and see what they’re up to!) Therefore, we make sure our employees are the top priority for the business. This means providing a living wage, health care, 401k, PTO and more.
Metro Dogs strives to provide a modern workplace; we focus on employee wellbeing by providing employee assistance programs, a healthy work life balance, and fostering personal and workplace development with offering opportunities to learn and grow. We love when employees join our team and bring in new ideas, creativity, and fresh perspectives! Our management team is there to empower the individual’s ability to be the best they can be. If you’re driven to learn, we’re excited to teach you!
Ready to join the team?!
Great!!! We’re happy you’re excited about joining the Metro Dogs team. We’ve got a few requirements:
- Experience working with dogs preferred, but not required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift 40 lbs with no restrictions.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and be physically active throughout the shift (bending, crouching, walking, lifting, etc.); this is a physically demanding job!
- Must have an overwhelming love for dogs of all shapes and sizes!! Be patient & tolerant of: dogs in general, loud environments (barking), dog waste, odor and dog hair.
- Able to effectively communicate with the team.
- Readiness to learn and grow as a dog handler.
Okay, so now that you know what’s expected, time to apply!
Metro Dogs is always accepting employment applications, however we are not always actively hiring new staff members. Check out our sister company, Dog Days, for additional employment opportunities.