puppy social at Metro dogs
Why come to Metro Dogs Puppy Social?
We are the Minneapolis puppy play experts! We’ve helped develop countless puppies into fantastic dogs. You and your puppy get to spend an hour with us, learning from the best! We’re committed to providing a safe, clean, and fun outlet to help puppies learn how to socialize with their peers. What does this mean to us?
Safety: Our team is highly trained in dog behavior and body language, and we only utilize positive reinforcement, fear and force-free techniques when handling your pups. We’ll help the pups to appropriately engage with one another and teach you how to do the same!
Cleanliness: Metro Dogs utilizes a Fear Free certified cleaner, called Rescue. Rescue is highly effective against common puppy pathogens like Parvovirus. It’s also super safe for dogs and humans.
Fun: With plenty of enriching activities to engage in, your pups are sure to find something to get all that energy out of their wiggly, puppy bodies! Not to mention making some new best friends, dogs and people alike!
Give us a bark and sign up below!
- Puppies must be between 9 weeks and 6 months of age
- Puppies under 16 weeks of age must be current on their DHPP vaccine, Bordetella vaccine and have a negative fecal exam
- Puppies over 16 weeks of age must be current on their DHPP vaccine, Bordetella vaccine, Rabies vaccine and have a negative fecal exam
- Minimum of one human 18 years of age or older
- Children are welcome to join but they must be gentle and calm with all puppies
- You are responsible for both puppy and child for the duration of the play group so be ready to multitask!
- Leash and collar/harness
- Small tasty treats (about snack baggie sized)
- Cut up cheese, hot dogs, or lunch meat work well
- Puppy treats available for sale if needed!
- $15 cash OR $16 card/Venmo
- Payment due by start of Puppy Social time
sign up required:
Please click the “Sign Up” button below to access the Sign Up form. The form is short and provides us with valuable information to set up our playroom each session! As such, sign up is required for attendance!
If you are unable to access the Sign Up form, please text (612-333-3612) or email us to notify us.
Metro Dogs Daycare is conveniently located on the edge of North Loop in downtown Minneapolis with plenty of free and easy parking! We’re less than a mile from these major freeway exits:
- Washington Ave & W. Broadway, off the 94 exit ramp
- Olson Memorial Highway exit from 94
- Washington / 3rd Ave. N exit from 394
Sunday, November 13th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, November 20th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, November 27th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, December 4th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, December 11th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Sunday, December 18th – 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Socialization is Important
Puppies that experience positive, safe, and fun interactions during their key developmental stages will blossom into more well rounded adult dogs. Their interactions as a puppy can help develop skills like playing with other dogs, meeting new people, basic obedience and training skills, and experience novel surfaces, objects, and environments! Socializing during puppyhood can help lay the foundation for a great dog.
meet your puppy social host, Bethany
Beth has been part of the Metro Dogs team since September 2021. She currently runs both the Trick of the Month program, as well as the Puppy Pre-K program. She is studying to earn a CCDT (Certified Professional Dog Trainer) from CATCH Trainers Academy, with plans of finishing in 2023. A Chicago-land transplant, Beth now resides in Minneapolis with her Aussie x Coonhound mix, Pete, an AHS rescue and Metro Dogs daycare frequenter. Beth has put together a Puppy Social Program you’re sure to love!
“Puppies are at such a pivotal point in their life, and getting to be personally involved in their training journey growing up is one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as an inspiring dog trainer!” – Bethany